The conditions for reconstruction of the post-war were not easy-the city was badly destroyed, the former Union church damaged, moreover, much too large, faithful scattered. And the activity of the congregation, which brings together about 300 faithful, resumed in 1946, the services were initially celebrated in the methodical chapel at ul. Kosynierów Gdynia (former headquarters of the City Mission). Thanks to the efforts of the first post-war parish council, especially the other. Artura Damica and inż. Andrzej Wiedigera, the church received a former Catholic – Apostolic Chapel at ul. School 10. Also she was damaged, the roof was overblown, missing the ceiling, windows and equipment, except 10 benches and a central heating furnace. The renovation works were carried out so. The economic system, with the assistance of the Others. Pp. Kaczorowski and Górny.
Thanks to the loan granted by the superior of the Evangelical-Augsburg Church, Fr. BPA Prof. Jan Szeruda, the works were moved and the first devotion in the renovated temple was celebrated on November 3, 1946. The act of Consecation was made by Fr. Ryszard Trenkler, Seranie delivered to Fr. Waldemar Preiss from Bydgoszcz, at the ceremony participated representatives of the local administrative authorities, with the Demountain starost at the forefront. Since then, it is the Church of St. John. The soul of these efforts was the marriage of Damiców, whose house was the center of parish work. The equipment of the church was completed much longer, only in 1948. Authorities were installed (thanks to the financial support of Dream. And Bell, devoted to the 31st of October. A New brick fence with iron grille was made, according to A. Marchlewski's project of construction entrepreneur, approved in August 1947. Next to the temple, a statue of Christ was set, a replica of the well-known Copenhagen sculpture by Beitel Thorvaldsen. On the occasion of the temple work, the cemetery chapel was rebuilt. The church was renovated with 1954 and 1967 sheds.
In 1953, the parish concentrated around 500 members, but it was largely left in the city, the surrounding area and the neighboring counties, the population of German origin, after 1956. Gradually leaving Poland, and in the next decade the number of the congregation has decreased considerably. There were confirmed several times. During the service and concert on July 28, 1963. Solemnly celebrated the 17th anniversary of the resurrection of the congregation and 15 assumptions of organs and bell, also renewed the cemetery chapel.
In the space of the post-war history, the parish is served mainly by priests of Toruń-until 1959, it was Fr. Dream. Ryszard Trenkler (transiously from 1953-1957 to 2002) Bogusław Wittenberg from Rypina), in the years 1959-1961 the administrator was again fr. Waldemar Preiss from Bydgoszcz, from 1961-1974 to 2002. Gustaw Burchart, from 1974 to 1980 Official Administrator was Fr. Dream. Edward Dietz from Sopot, and henceforth Fr. Jerzy Molin, who has already had pastoral duties here, as a senior vicar in Toruń.
A particularly well-deserved figure in the post-war history of the parish was its long-time curator, inż. Artur Damie (1897-1969), whose actions supported the spouse Emma Maria from the House of Grabczyńska (1896-1967), for several years the treasurer of the congregation.
Another curator was Dr. Stanisław Suliborski (1911-1998), supported by the wife of Zofia (1932-1998), and now the work of the parents continues as curator Piotr Suliborski.
In the 1980s, the chapel, gates and other buildings were renovated in the former Union cemetery, which was also used by other religions today, especially by Catholics. In the years 2001-2002 there was a thorough renovation of the inner and outer Church of St. Jana (Nota bene, officially transferred to the parish by the State Treasury only in 1999).
On Sunday, June 16, 2002 The parish of Grudziądz and the invited guests gathered in a large group of ceremonies to celebrate the 80 anniversary of the resurrection of the Polish evangelical life in the city. The bishop of the Diocese of Pomeranian-Wielkopolska was arrived at the ceremony. Michał Warczyński of Sopot, president of Grudziądz Bolesław Tafelski and chairman of the city council Zdzisław Lewandowski, representatives of the Roman Catholic clergy with the preposition of Grudziądz Collegiate chapter. Tadeusz Nowicki, also read the congratulatory letters, M. Others. From the voivode of Kuyavian-Pomeranian Romuald Kosieniak from Bydgoszcz, St. Inspector Jan Szwechowicz from the Faculty of Civil Affairs of the provincial office, the Starosta Grudziądzki Zdzisław Zuchowski and also from the Polish Ecumenical Council in Warsaw and from the pastor Waldemar Eggert from the Protestant-Methodistic parish of St. Paweł in Grudziądz. Representatives of the parish of Toruń donated to the gifts of communion with Grudziądz, the celebration of the choir of the local parish, under the direction of Dagmary Berndt-Jankowska.
The small church of St. Jana was built in 1916. In the area previously belonging to the school, probably according to the design of the urban builder F. Winkler. The work from mid-April to 1st October was headed by F. D. Hoffmann. It is small (total length is 22.9, width 9.8 m) single-nave, non-stackable, brick structure with a gable roof, erected in simplified neo-gothic forms. It is located on a small slope, making it from the side of the street. The monkey is a two-storey, with ecclesial dwelling in the ground. The church is located on the edge of the old town and adjacent to the picturesque medieval defensive walls with the ruins of the corner tower, and the scattered green areas, so that the temple appears on many postcards and commemorative photographs. It must be remembered, however, that this is a secondary urban effect, because before the war the entire region was densely populated with residential buildings destroyed during the battles in 1945. And only directly to the walls was adjacent walking alley. Front façade with triangular peak, far visible in the perspective of UL. Masonry (the qualities of such a location emphasizes the night lighting of the façade) revived densely spaced sters and plastered countertops, while the side elevations differentiate the rhythm of the strollers and small rectangular windows.
The interior of the temple is characterized by simplicity and modality. The Nawa is covered with a barrel ceiling, a lower and narrow rectangular presbytery with a cassette floor. On the back above the entrance there is a brick music choir and underneath it a fragile. The pulpit, the baptistery and the organ prospectus are neo-Gothic, eclectic altarpiece with elements of neo-classical. The altar image of EFWK (?) from 1936, presents the scene of the vocation of the first Disciples of Christ (Arch. 5, 1-11): On board a fishing boat at the foot of the Savior kneeling in humishness Simon Peter, whom the Lord is teaching the mission of catching people, alongside the marvels of the abundance of fish in the stretched network of Jacob and John, the Sons of Zebedee, who "pulled the boats ashore, They left everything and followed him. " The origin of the altar is not known, it was assumed that it could have been imported from Grina, but it would probably be too small for a rather large church, which is now not existent.
The parish Cemetery, founded in 1894. Leads the impressive neo-Renaissance gate. In similar style, other buildings are also maintained-the chapel, the Mornica, the house of the Graber. " In the cemetery chapel there is an interesting white marble sculpture plunged into the sordid woman in antique costume, with symbols of passing-the mourning urn and bouquet of roses, from the unpreserved Tombman of Hermann Sawitzkie. Fragments of another stately neogothic tombstone, made from blocks of red sand, were buried in a cemetery fence. Among the few surviving monuments from the pre-war period, he draws the attention of the tombstone of Emil Kahraua (1890-1917), killed during World War I, the gravestone of the factory by Richard Schultz and the great boulder on the grave of Adolf Krumma (1886-1933) and Erich RIEBOLDTA (1884-1933), German minority activists, murdered by Polish chauvillers after the German pre-electoral rally to the local government. Fragments of forged fences of graves, so characteristic of the ancient necropolis, were transferred to the Grudziądz Museum. June 15, 2002 On the wall of the moron exposed a bilingual plaque, commemorating the German inhabitants of Grudziądz, who found a rest on this necropolis. Here there are also places of eternal rest of the family of Damicas, Gaede, Miechów, Roeperów, Suliborské and other deserved members of the Polish parish.
And the biblical motto, which embracing Grudziądz's evangelists of the past and present, remains the words of the summons and promise of the apocalypse, a long time appearing above the archdioceses of the Church of St. George. John: